How we buy & sell used sports equipment
Trade in your used equipment to buy new at a discount, or buy used to save up to 50-70%!
Recycle your quality used sports equipment at Play It Again Sports. Kids outgrow sports equipment so fast it’s amazing. Much of this gear is still in great condition and has lots of years left in it, which makes that cluttered garage or closet a potential source of income. Cashing in your quality used gear at Play It Again Sports is fast and easy:
- Clean out that closet, garage or basement!
- Load up your quality used brand name sports and fitness equipment and bring it to our store.
- Check in with a sales associate to review what you have to sell or trade.
- While you check out the latest arrivals in the store, we will review your items based on condition, brand and our current stock levels.
- Your sales associate will determine the value of your items and either pay you on the spot or you can trade your items towards your purchase that day.
- You walk out of the store with new gear, money in your pocket or both!
Of course, we sure try, but we can't buy everything.
Play It Again Sports buys used sports equipment with cash, store credit, or on consignment.
- Hockey Skates: Select sizes.
- Hockey Helmets: MUST have current HECC certification sticker on the back.
- Adult Hockey Protective
- Lacrosse Equipment: Newer style helmets only.
- Lacrosse Protective Equipment
- Used Weights, especially used Hex Dumbbells!
- Selectable Dumbbells: Bowflex Selectechs or Powerblocks.
- We have many baseball/softball bats and are selective about the ones we need. We are currently, as of July 2010 on a bat-for-bat policy. Due to excessive inventory, especially for little league, a bat may only be traded in if another bat is being purchased.
- Due to the recent chage to BBCOR certification and the NFHS banning composite barell bats, we CANNOT take any non BBCOR –3 bat for a trade in.
- We sell usde cardio fitness equipment and will take used treadmills, ellipticals, or bikes depending on floor space.
We Do Not Take:
- Used Cleats or Athletic Shoes. We can only accept them for donation for the Adopt a Family out of Poverty program at PEAC.
- Used athletic apparel: Jerseys, Socks, Shorts and Athletic Supporters cannot be taken.
- Large home gym systems. Our floor space constraints will not allow us to keep equipment the size of a room. Occasionally we can take things like bowflex gyms but it depends on floor space availability.
- Steppers/Ski Machines and older “fan style” stationary bikes.
- Fitness and Aggressive Style Inline Skates/Rollerblades. We take only roller hockey skates (Lace up, no brake)
- Older or Very Outdated Equipment- small head/wood head golf clubs, Old style catcher’s masks, old style golf bags
- Non Pro-Line Golf Clubs
- Winter Sports equipment of any kind. (skis, snowboards, helmets)
- Water sports equipment of any kind. (surfboards, kayaks, goggles)
- Camping equipment of any kind.
- Shooting / Archery / Paintball / Airsoft equipment